Sharp Electronics Corporation Information Security Policy Statement
The objective of this Information Security Policy Statement is to ensure that Sharp Electronics Corporation delivers a consistently high level of information security throughout its business groups.
Sharp Electronics Corp is committed to implementing and maintaining compliance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and to continuous, practical improvement of our information security practices. This will help maintain our reputation in the industry and meet our legal/regulatory and customers’ requirements.
Sharp Electronics Corp commits to:
- Clearly understanding the requirements and expectations of our customers and relevant regulatory authorities
- Working closely with our customers and suppliers to deliver products and services in a security conscious fashion
- Ensuring every employee shares responsibility for effective information security. Each member of staff is asked to take particular care in their approach to security and to accept the important role they play in maintaining an effective information security program throughout Sharp Electronics Corp.
- Protecting its people, information, intellectual property, assets, activities and facilities against misuse, loss, damage, disruption, interference, espionage, or unauthorized disclosure. It is also critical that we retain the confidence of those who entrust sensitive information to Sharp Electronics Corp.
- Developing and maintaining security policies and controls designed to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013. The policy statements contained in our Information Security Policy (ISP), procedures, guidelines, and standards, reflect the requirements necessary to maintain an acceptable standard for protecting our information assets and, at the same time, our reputation.
- Implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and ensure it is maintained, continually improved, and supported with adequate resources to achieve the objectives set in this Policy Statement.
Our approach to achieving these objectives is to enhance information security through investment in technology, processes, and employee skills. This will improve the way we both manage our business and deliver products and services to our customers.
Our approach to information security allows the business to present threats, risks, and opportunities for management review. This allows Sharp Electronics Corp leadership team to ensure the risk profile of the business is accurate and that risk mitigation efforts are focused on appropriately supporting strategic outcomes.
This policy statement shall be easily accessible to all staff and available on the Sharp Electronics intranet.